Thursday, December 7, 2023

oh I wish I had a rest button,would I press yes I would

 


In the realm of dreams and what-ifs, Where time stands still, and choices shift, I yearn for a reset button, a chance to mend, To rewrite the story, to make a better end.

Ah, the paths not taken, the words left unsaid, The moments missed, the tears I've shed, If only I could go back, erase the past, And start anew, with a lighter cast.

I'd gather knowledge, wisdom's art, Avoid the pitfalls, where my heart did part, With those who brought me pain, I'd swiftly part, And seek the solace, they could never impart.

I'd choose the paths where dreams took flight, Where passions bloomed, and spirits took flight, I'd live with fervor, embrace the good, And leave behind the shadows of the hood.

Oh, how I yearn for this reset to be, To rewrite the chapters, for me and you and me, But time marches on, relentless and true, Leaving behind regrets, both new and old.

Yet, in the depths of my heart, a glimmer stays, A whisper of hope, that one day I'll sway, To embrace the present, with all its flaws, And find the beauty, in life's colorful laws.

For even in the midst of regrets and scars, There's a strength within, that can mend and start, A new chapter, where I'll learn and grow, And embrace the journey, where my spirit can flow.

No comments:

Day to Day events

Spring time

  The sun awakes in a sleepy stretch,  Yawning warmth on a winter's wretch.  Birdsong flutters on the breeze,  Waking trees from slumber...