Wednesday, November 22, 2023

My Major

 






Although my Dog went many years ago

I think of him some days, so this is for you
Major


My beloved Major, a German Shepherd true,
Black and tan, with eyes of deepest blue.
A loyal companion, a family friend,
Your love and devotion never did end.
I remember the days when we'd play,
Fetching balls and running wild each day.
You'd cuddle beside me on the couch,
And always greet me with a joyful slouch.
Your gentle nature, your watchful gaze,
Filled my heart with warmth and endless praise.
I'll never forget your furry face,
And the unconditional love you did embrace.
Though you're gone now, my faithful friend,
Your memory lives on, till the very end.
When I see a German Shepherd today,
I can't help but think of you, my sweet Major, come what may.
So rest in peace, my dear friend,
In my heart, you'll always be near.
Until we meet again, in that heavenly place,
Where all our furry loved ones are embraced.

No comments:

Day to Day events

Spring time

  The sun awakes in a sleepy stretch,  Yawning warmth on a winter's wretch.  Birdsong flutters on the breeze,  Waking trees from slumber...