Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Lakes

 Good day from the daily grind blog, peters blog, thats me.  We seem to spend our time now shopping, collecting medicines from the chemist, and sitting down, there use to be a TV program called "waiting for God"  think thats what we are doing.

Long wait though I hope, dont really want to see him yet, as I said the other day we need a holiday, somewhere to just rest, dont mind a bit of cooking but just a change of scenery would help.

We both love the lake district, so beautiful there, last time we went to windermere and stayed in a B&B lovely, went for walks and breathed the fresh air, a little older now of course but sill worth a visit I think, perhaps a hotel to stay in.

We walked near coniston waters, and I stood to allow Joanne to take a picture, she started to laugh, and when I looked around silently creeping up on me was this wonderful swan coming to say hello, it stayed to say hello for a while then swam off, wonder if that same one is still around, guess not.

We drove up to the lakes, best way I think, as we drove up for the first time, the landscape suddenly started to change, dry stone walls appeared, miles upon miles of them, the grass turned a lot greener, and some of the roads got narrow, but what a scene never forget.

See you all soon 

No comments:

Day to Day events

Spring time

  The sun awakes in a sleepy stretch,  Yawning warmth on a winter's wretch.  Birdsong flutters on the breeze,  Waking trees from slumber...