Sunday, January 15, 2023

The Times

 Sunday once was the day of rest, shops were shut all day, people had sunday roasts without fail, the local butchers were very busy, the good old days, guess these will be the good old days for our children. 

No Computers, No multi channels on the tv, no mobile phones this was down the road in a red box.

I had a new mobile a few years ago and I was finding it hard to set up, got my 13 year old grandaughter to help me, I remember her saying "I cannot believe I am helping my grandad to use his mobile", and I replied "we didnt have these when I was your age"  the look was classic, guess todays kids think all the modern cons, have been around since Jesus was a boy.

I am watching dancing on ice, great show or at least I thought it was, why are these types of shows having people on that do not know what they are, all these binaries, males dressing up, and goodness knows what else they want to call themselves, I feel it degrades the show.  Sorry thats my feelings, old school feelings, just do not get it.

See you all soon 

No comments:

Day to Day events

Spring time

  The sun awakes in a sleepy stretch,  Yawning warmth on a winter's wretch.  Birdsong flutters on the breeze,  Waking trees from slumber...